Sun, 28 June 2009
This week's episode has been sponsored by:
This week: The Purlescence Purl Girls are taking a bit of vacation time, and will be closed Tuesday 6/30 through Tuesday 7/7. Look for a great big summertime sale July 10-13 when they’ve reopened.Worldwide shipping is available. Mention that you’re a listener and they’ll include Knitmore Girls swag with your order.
- We will be at the Sock Summit in Portland, Oregon from August 6-9. There will be a meet-and-greet. Time and place TBD.
- For local sewing enthusiasts: There is a Friday "sewing salon" at Bobbin's Nest Studio. Call to RSVP.
On the Needles: (1:47)
Gigi's Abstract Fiber Supersock (in Lady Macbeth) Riverbed socks are finished! Jasmin has finished her Katarina cardigan. Jasmin has taken pictures of the cardigan with both closures from Romi (pictured above). Gigi's Katarina is hibernating, as is Jasmin's Carli.
Gigi's vanilla socks with the channel island cast-on (in the Fancy Image Yarn "Giants" colorway) are finished! Jasmin plugs away on a pair of socks from the Black sock/brown sock project.
Jasmin has also cast on a pair of socks in her "Big Yellow Taxi" handspun yarn. She is encorporating Lucy Neatby's "slip-purl" technique on the interminable heel flap.
Gigi has finished the first sock in her second pair of Par 5 socks (in the Franklin's Panopticon colorway of the Lorna's Laces sock yarn). Jasmin is knitting a pair of vanilla socks in Yummee Yarns "My Blue Jeans" from her nightstand.
We discuss the Dream in Color sale at Purlescence, and a little stash enhancing we did. Gigi got the "Groovy" in "Purple Rain", Jasmin got the "Groovy" in "Bermuda Teal" and some Classy in "Purple Rain". Gigi and Jasmin are planning to knit the "Petra", but offer a caveat. Jasmin talks about the "paying for mistakes" thread in Ravelry.
Mother Knows Best: (20:83)
When it's too hot to knit, what do you do?
1) Read about knitting. (Gigi recommends "Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair.") Jasmin recommends reading the archives of knitting blogs that you like.
2) Listen to knitting podcasts.
3) Go to an LYS with air conditioning. Or, make a friend who has air conditioning! Go to the library. (Get out of the heat!)
When Knitting Attacks: (28:18)
Gigi has misplaced a ball of her Franklin's Panopticon yarn. She has "oopsed" on her Scandanavian socks, again. Gigi is also not entirely enthused with the outcome of her greying tiger socks.
Straw into Gold: (31:20)
Jasmin has been combing her clean fleece! Jasmin has been spinning some Crown Mountain Farms Superwash merino in the Albratross colorway.