Sun, 18 April 2010
On the needles: (00:33)
Jasmin is on the home stretch of her Mondo Cable Cardi. Gigi has finished the knitting on her Mondo Cable Pulli. Gigi has input a bunch of projects on her Ravelry page. (Tutorial?) We talk about learning "in bulk". Jasmin mentions the Knitter's Companion (but calls it the Knitter's Handbook). Jasmin has cast on a pair of Creatively Dyed "J'ouvert" in "Cake" for Andrew.
Gigi has cast on a pair of Gull Wing Socks in the Serendipitous Ewe "Chance Sock" in "White Birch". Jasmin is casting on a pair of Meilenweit Multi Jacquard socks for Andrew (color 508). Jasmin has done her plying swatches for her Tempest cardigan. Jasmin refers to this post by the Yarn Harlot.
- Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival: 5/1-2. Meet and greet will be happening on Saturday, 5/1 from 11-1pm. The meet and greet will be located at the Columbia Sip N Knit hospitality area (to the left of the main gate, outside the main gate). (Jasmin refers to Episode 39 of KIPing it Real for the whole scoop on the meet'n'greet.)
- Spinning at the Retzlaff Winery: 6/5
The Project Runway inspired contest! Use your imagination, and post to the contest thread. We'll be closing the contest on 5/8, and announcing the winners in the 5/9 episode.
Mother knows best: (26:54)
We talk about knitting on a budget. Some tips:
- Knit lace/fine gauge projects.
- Finish one project, buy one project.
- Yarn swaps!
- Trade (babysitting for yarn)
- Knit samples for yarn companies/designers
- Comparison shop
- Give KnitCents a listen!
When knitting attacks! (37:31)
Gigi gets her Frost Flowers Stole in a twist. Jasmin knits her sleeves too long. Gigi makes a pair of enormous entrelac socks (out of Socks, Socks, Socks).
This week, we review the Serendipitous Ewe's "Chance Sock" yarn (four *tentative* thumbs up), and Toe-Up! Patterns and Worksheets to Whip Your Sock Knitting Into Shape by Chrissy Gardener (four enthusiastic thumbs up). Jasmin compares it to Nancy Bush's Folk Socks.