Stash for a cause- Japan Earthquake Relief! Purchase any of the Abstract Fiber yarn or fiber in solid red at shows or at AbstractFiber.com through the month of April and we will donate 50% of the purchase price to the Red Cross for Japanese earthquake relief.
At Purlescence Yarns we're head over heels for weaving. From rigid heddle looms like Jasmin's favorite Schacht Cricket to table and floor looms for weaving beautiful textures, Purlescence Yarns is your resource for the best in weaving equipment and supplies. Call today to order your loom!
Discover jacket mastery: see how easy it is to get the fit, confirm it as you knit, and know that every jacket will fit on Opening Day with Jean Frost. Take classes from the most talented designers in the Knitting Universe. Shop-till-you-drop in the largest fiber market in the Midwest. See the hottest new knit designs at the Fashion Show or take to the runway yourself -- showing off your knits during the Student Banquet. If you love knitting, YOU CAN'T MISS THIS! Go to KnittingUniverse.com/Events for all the details. If it has to do with knitting, you will find it here. STITCHES Midwest is open to the general public August 25th-28th. For more information please join us online at http://KnittingUniverse.com/Events/ or call 1-800-237-7099.
On the needles: (00:36)
Jasmin mentions knitting in an unusual place. We mention the Knitting on the Fly videocast. We mention the Daybreak KAL; Gigi needs to find a contrasting yarn, Jasmin is knitting hers out of Froebe Fibers Midori and Hurricane. Gigi is working on the second Hobbit sock for Mr. Knitmore. Jasmin is making stellar progress on her Cassidy cardigan, with some minor modifications. Jasmin mentions needing to finish installing the zipper on her Mariah hoodie.
Mad props to Jennifer at Cedar Creek.
- June 4th: Spinning at the Retzlaff Winery
- June 24-26: Black Sheep Gathering. We're staying at the Courtesy Inn in Eugene, OR.
The Mom 'N' Me contest! We want your stories about crafting with friends/family. Please have your entries in by 5/8/2011. Gigi shares a story about counted cross stitching with an aunt.
- A copy of Westknits Book One and Two (SIGNED!)
- A Schacht Hi-Lo drop spindle kit
- How to Knit a Heart Back Home by Rachael Herron (SIGNED!)
- A Leslie Wind cable needle necklace
- A kit from Bar Maids- Shower scrub and a Lo-Lo Bar in "Vanilla Cake" and a jar of Face Pudding
Mother knows best: (39:47)
We talk about switching out your winter and summer wardrobes.
When Knitting Attacks: (39:47)
Gigi is attacked by a sewing machine. Jasmin is attacked by new recording equipment and her Daybreak.
This week, we review a selection of the Namaste bags. Bags reviewed:
- Monroe: A big, professional-looking bag. We've seen it 20+ lbs full of stuff, and it wears well.
- Hermosa: A Big Bag. Jasmin used it for work for 2 years.
- Zuma: The bowling bag! Stylish and deceptively roomy.
- Malibu: Not available anymore. A fantastic big bag that has worn well over three years of use.
- Bitty Bag: Conservative on the outside, fun lining on the inside! A small purse, perfect for those who don't travel with their whole lives in their bags.
- Hip Holster: fantasic for carrying the essentials, but no knitting.
- Urban Messenger bag: Not the best design for a laptop and knitting bag, in our opinion. Magnetic closure doesn't keep it closed, padded laptop sleeve doesn't come out. Not a good purchase, in our opinion, for the price.